Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't even got my 2017 EX yet, should be shipped this week and I all ready found wheels I would like to put on it. Anybody bought wheels yet? Going to stick with 18's just have to check backspacing when the car arrives.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like the Touring Launch Edition wheels. If you could find a lightweight replacement wheel that might help fuel efficiency. I know that somebody had carbon fiber wheels for the Fusion Hybrid but they were like $1200 each.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've put on 18x8" wheels with +35 offset on mine and have no issues. Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 225/45r18 tires. I've had them for a few days now and love them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Winter tires and wheels usually eats into the car budget so there's no wiggle room for something nicer, but that's fine because the stock ones look great already. Though I wouldn't say no to a picture of your Niro once the new wheels are installed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took a hubcap and wheel off my Niro today trying to figure out what size the Rim is, backspacing offset and width. I was surprised how nice the wheel is without the hubcap it's painted black but if that aluminum was polished that would be an awesome wheel.
I didn't know the EX had hubcaps because it looked like a wheel in pictures. I think I am going to use my stock tire size and by a wheel based on that. I believe I measured that 16 inch wheel at 7" wide. The wheel I want is 7 1/2" wide I'm trying to figure out if that will work with the 205 60 tire and look right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got new 16" rims on my EX. So far, loving the change in look from the stock rims with plastic caps. These weren't the highest end rims, but I think they're a good mix of quality and price point. Got them from Discount Tire. On a side note, anyone interested in a 16" stock rim for a full size spare? Thinking of doing this myself and selling the other three rims...

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just got new 16" rims on my EX. So far, loving the change in look from the stock rims with plastic caps. These weren't the highest end rims, but I think they're a good mix of quality and price point. Got them from Discount Tire. On a side note, anyone interested in a 16" stock rim for a full size spare? Thinking of doing this myself and selling the other three rims...
Those look really good. I think one of the negatives about the LX and EX models are the stock rims...they look plain and boring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks awesome, would like to have a set like that! I just bought a 2018 used Niro LX with 11000 miles on It yesterday, it have very few options but I loved driving it nonetheless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I may, exactly what size tires are those?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a dedicated set of winter tires/rims. I had plain old steel wheels for my winter set with my previous car, but I spent a little more this time to get nicer wheels. I went down to 15" wheels, so I thought a darker finish on the wheel would help the small diameter from being so obvious. I'm pleased with the appearance - Tire Rack has a visualization tool, but it isn't as good as the real thing. The wheels are Type 25 by MSW and the tires are Yokahama iceGUARD iG52c. I haven't yet driven in any winter weather, but the ride is a bit smoother than with the factory 18" wheels and I also expect a bump in fuel economy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was impressed by the look of the rim behind the hubcap too. I just put my Blizzaks on for the winter and they look pretty tough on those painted 5 spokes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah just put some thrusts on my 2019 and did a little vinyl I got the side piece but ended up repurposing it, and painted my calipers to match the paint

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts