Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry for my absence but I had LASIK v.1 done at the top of March, not the EASy kind Mk 2, and I have been virtually BLIND for the last few weeks. Ewwwww.
However, now healing just fine, I can see again, I'mmm BACK!

Anyway, I have had a minor, but irritating, accident when a TOURIST from a eastern bloc country that really had no business driving on a busy so cal freeway. He tried to occupy the same physical space I was in and ended up trashing my left rear hubcap, but NO body damage what so ever. Geez I love this car!
Anybody have a one (1) that they want to sell??
PM me, or email me [email protected]

Thanks all, nice to be back!!!

·
Super Moderator
465 Posts
Those hubcaps are really expensive. My wife had a car drive down the side of her and needed several of the body panels replaced along with the hubcap for a small scratch. Their insurance was picking up the tab so why not. The hubcap was the most expensive part (well labour did cost more in total). Think it was $275 for the single hubcap cover. The front side panel only cost $170 and that is formed metal. The hubcap is plastic. Got the scratched one in the back of my wife's car. figure if they cost that much I better keep it in case she loses one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I'm hoping someone who upgraded wheels and tires might have one to let go for a reasonable price!!
I need one for a 2018 FX model....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's exactly what happened. Too bad we can't post a video of the accident... It shows the guy veering right into me, the judder when his tire hits my wheel as I had hit sport mode and started to accelerate away from him. A little quicker, I wouldn't have even had this minor problem. This was the only contact, NO body damage at all... Lucky, Lucky, & Lucky!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Glad to hear it was not bad. Good reactions from you even if you didn’t quite get of the moron’s way. Unbelievable that there was no other contact besides the wheels.

Did you get your alignment checked out? You don’t want to find out a few months down the road that the tire on that side is wearing unevenly because the something is off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts