Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Apple car play not available in the infotainment system

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Gerd_NL 
#1 ·
Hi, I have recently bought an used kia niro hybrid 2017 in Ireland. In the infotainment menu there is android auto and it works fine. But I could not find apple carplay in the app menu. Has anybody experienced the same problem, no apple car play? My understanding was 2017 kia niro supports both.
Any solution/ advise to run apple car play would be really appreciated.

#2 ·
The icon might not appear unless an iPhone is connected to the car. It's also possible that in your country it's not available. I am only aware of US content, and CarPlay is indeed available here.

#3 ·
If I remember correct then the Niro 2017 had at first only AndroidAuto, but with the next update it should also get CarPlay.
My first Niro was from Nov. 2017 and had both AA and CP.
What are the versions dates of the AVN of your Niro?

#4 ·
If i remember correctly there is a place in the setup for the car that you can turn off Andriod Auto and CarPlay. so as you said it was a used vehicle, id check the preference and settings to see if it was disabled. Just something to check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.