Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone have issues with the Apple car play? just recently purchased the Niro - Touring edition.. great car thus far... The car is not able to sync up/register with my IPhone. The car charge and blue tooth work just fine when I use them. it appears the USB port is not able to "locate" my phone.. I have tried 4 different cables.. and none of them work. I also used the same cables to hook into the power outlet in the storage compartment and they work just fine in charging my phone... I have reset my phone, removed the "kia motor" in my blue tooth settings.. but still not able to work.. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
174 Posts
is anyone have issues with the Apple car play? just recently purchased the Niro - Touring edition.. great car thus far... The car is not able to sync up/register with my IPhone. The car charge and blue tooth work just fine when I use them. it appears the USB port is not able to "locate" my phone.. I have tried 4 different cables.. and none of them work. I also used the same cables to hook into the power outlet in the storage compartment and they work just fine in charging my phone... I have reset my phone, removed the "kia motor" in my blue tooth settings.. but still not able to work.. Any suggestions?
You have to connect it to the USB port by the wireless charger. Also when you connect it the first time you have to grant permission from your iPhone for it to connect to apple car play. It will say connecting on the car's screen and then it will ask for permission on the iPhone, you must unlock the iPhone and give it permission. Also which iPhone do you have?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had issues with bluetooth and my iPhone 6 with my VW and 3 or 4 rental cars. Don't think it's the Kia, it's the phone. I made an appt at an Apple store, they wiped the phone and started all over, updated the OS and checked the settings. They admitted they couldn't fix it and blamed on the car(s). All 5? Don't think so. My iPhone connects via Bluetooth and then switches constantly between the bluetooth in the car, the phone and my hearing aids during phone calls.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Note CarPlay is not available over bluetooth at this time. It maybe an option in the future with a firmware upgrade. for now, you also need to connect the iPod/iPhone to the USB.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is wireless apple car play but I think only BMW has it.

As soon as you plug in your iPhone to the USB the phone should say apple car play. Make sure you're phone is updated and it's iPhone 5 or later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts