Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very much a shame that there is no obvious auto dimming mirror option at this time.

Anybody know if such a think like this exists? Would it be hard to install if
you got a different variant?

Genuine Kia (1U062-ADU00) Auto-Dimming Mirror (via Amazon)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have seen universal auto dimming mirrors with back up cameras selling for $200-300.

Personally I would go for one of those.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any Gentex mirror will work, it merely requires a 12v line ran. I have done several, once even with a temp sensor on a GMC canyon.

Ebay: Gentex rear view mirror

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a Gentex one installed. Has auto dim, Homelink, and a compass. Seems silly to have to spend $370 installed to get the mirror that a Touring model with Tech Package should have come with anyways, but it is what it is.

The aftermarket mirror works and looks great btw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
$370 is beyond absurd. These mirrors are $40 and under all over ebay.
Even on Ebay the model I used goes for $280. I have no problem paying $370 installed.

All the mirrors going for $40 are mirrors off old vehicles, some possibly stolen. No thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very much a shame that there is no obvious auto dimming mirror option at this time.

Anybody know if such a think like this exists? Would it be hard to install if
you got a different variant?

Genuine Kia (1U062-ADU00) Auto-Dimming Mirror (via Amazon)
Buy any Kia mirror on ebay or Amazon. New or used. easy to install; but if not handy, any car stereo install place can do it for you. Just tap into the correct wires in the overhead console; or the hard way....run a wire to the fuse box.

I bought a new Optima 2016 auto dimming mirror with garage door controls and compass feature. $100 complete with the tapping kit and instructions....for an Optima, so selecting the correct wires to tap in the Niro requires some electrical knowledge. But it is super easy.

But I agree, why did they leave this option off the Niro....stupid decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts