Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body used modules from SharkRacing.com? They have a auto hold memory module for the Niro EV that sounds awesome and does the following:

1. Autohold memory - remembers last setting,

2. Autohold memory - when reversing, autohold is turned off automatically for 30 seconds after reverse is used and then autohold is turned back on

3. Reverse hazard lights - turns on hazards automatically when reversing

4. Auto hazard lights - turns on hazards automatically when rapidly decelerating more than 20km per second

5. If cruise control is off, pressing the CANCEL button will turn on hazards for 3 times (as a way of thanking the driver behind or alerting other drivers)

6. VESS is off when ignition is turned on

7. When reversing, VESS is turned on automatically along with a dinging alert sound

8. If cruise control is off, pressing the distance setting button will turn the VESS on and off.

This module is US$99 plus shipping to the US, or you can add something to the order and get free shipping.

This module is not listed on the website, yet, but they do have one listed for Hyundai on there and the info I have came from emailing them. It looks like you just have to splice 4 wires under the center console.

If anyone has experience with sharkracing.com modules, I'd be interested to hear how well they work or how easy they are to install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
By disabling VESS we stop the odd noises coming from the car, correct? I just got my Niro and the loudness of the reverse signal is disturbing. This mod seems to have it come back on when reversing, so it doesn’t seem to meet my need. Or even have it come on lower volume or maybe just two or three beeps…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. Wonder if this will work for my HEV
I would imagine that have one for that considering they have one for ICE cars advertised and they have one for the EV that I found out about by email. It's definitely worth sending them an email to find out.

As for the Reversing VESS, this module is not intended to get rid of that noise, but there is a great thread (if not here then one of the other Niro EV threads) for a simple modification to remove the reverse beeping. I haven't done it but I've thought about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any body used modules from SharkRacing.com? They have a auto hold memory module for the Niro EV that sounds awesome and does the following:

2. Autohold memory - when reversing, autohold is turned off automatically for 30 seconds after reverse is used and then autohold is turned back on

4. Auto hazard lights - turns on hazards automatically when rapidly decelerating more than 20km per second

5. If cruise control is off, pressing the CANCEL button will turn on hazards for 3 times (as a way of thanking the driver behind or alerting other drivers)

7. When reversing, VESS is turned on automatically along with a dinging alert sound

8. If cruise control is off, pressing the distance setting button will turn the VESS on and off.

This module is US$99 plus shipping to the US, or you can add something to the order and get free shipping.

This module is not listed on the website, yet, but they do have one listed for Hyundai on there and the info I have came from emailing them. It looks like you just have to splice 4 wires under the center console.

If anyone has experience with sharkracing.com modules, I'd be interested to hear how well they work or how easy they are to install.

Thanks!
Hey do you have the installation instructions for this module?
I purchased one for my 2022 Niro EV and Sharkracing didnt send me instructions on how to install !
I have emailed them more than 5 times in the past 3 weeks and no response!
I have heard from others there customer support really Sucks !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey do you have the installation instructions for this module?
I purchased one for my 2022 Niro EV and Sharkracing didnt send me instructions on how to install !
I have emailed them more than 5 times in the past 3 weeks and no response!
I have heard from others there customer support really Sucks !!
I sincerely apologize, but I never ended up buying the module for that exact reason. I kept emailing asking to see instructions before I purchased and they never responded. All they ever told me was the following: "For instructions, I don't have them with me, but you basically have to splice in 8 wires from the module to various wires in the car. We show you images of where the connectors are located, and which wire on each connector you have to splice the wires into."
Good luck and definitely update here if you figure out how to install it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sincerely apologize, but I never ended up buying the module for that exact reason. I kept emailing asking to see instructions before I purchased and they never responded. All they ever told me was the following: "For instructions, I don't have them with me, but you basically have to splice in 8 wires from the module to various wires in the car. We show you images of where the connectors are located, and which wire on each connector you have to splice the wires into."
Hey they finally sent me the installation instructions !
Here they are.. you can make your connections either under the center console or behind the kick panel on drivers side which is where I made my connections.
Line Font Motor vehicle Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey they finally sent me the installation instructions !
Here they are.. you can make your connections either under the center console or behind the kick panel on drivers side which is where I made my connections.
Great news! Definitely post to let us know how it works for you.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks!
Hi guys yes I have have bought the module and and i have to say that the instructions were a bit unclear, eventually I got it it to work and I am extremely pleased that I could finally managed to get the auto hold to work every time including the vess to stop making the stupid noise all the time. Like you could hear a 1l petrol engine when it idles slowly behind someone who is walking and talking or being deep into their thoughts. I wish I could also trigger the sport mode as I mostly drive it like that.
I also bought the module for auto lock and unlock but the instructions were wrong and they couldn't manage to help me find out how to do it in the end. Anyone knows where are the wires which commands the doors? Maybe those from the driver door? Thanks
I did have an issue with the lady there as we kind'a miss communicate the issue and with the first module being broken when I got it, it ended up with a bit of a mess. The point is that after a few hundred dollars in my case at least I got the first two to work. I can send you the pictures of what you need to connect and how to switch the module to work first time. The newer versions of kia don't have a switch for the VESS so if it bothers you too, than good luck. My car is 2019

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys yes I have have bought the module and and i have to say that the instructions were a bit unclear, eventually I got it it to work and I am extremely pleased that I could finally managed to get the auto hold to work every time including the vess to stop making the stupid noise all the time. Like you could hear a 1l petrol engine when it idles slowly behind someone who is walking and talking or being deep into their thoughts. I wish I could also trigger the sport mode as I mostly drive it like that.
I also bought the module for auto lock and unlock but the instructions were wrong and they couldn't manage to help me find out how to do it in the end. Anyone knows where are the wires which commands the doors? Maybe those from the driver door? Thanks
I did have an issue with the lady there as we kind'a miss communicate the issue and with the first module being broken when I got it, it ended up with a bit of a mess. The point is that after a few hundred dollars in my case at least I got the first two to work. I can send you the pictures of what you need to connect and how to switch the module to work first time. The newer versions of kia don't have a switch for the VESS so if it bothers you too, than good luck. My car is 2019

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone has the wire diagram for niro EV 2019 I would be grateful. I just want to know which are the two cables which send the signal to the doors. Otherwise I am stuck and I cannot help other people either. I will have to send it back on my expence and they keep 11 dollars for the postage they paid initially to send it to me as well. Though one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts