Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there way to adjust the sensitivity of auto on/off light system? In Lexus and MB, there is a setting I am able to adjust the sensitivity to fit my needs. Current system in Niro is really sensitive to a point the light comes on passing through long stretch of street with trees in early evening hours with bright sun where I need to wear sunglasses. I have searched online and reviewed owners manual but no mentioning about sensitivity adjustment. Found one nifty feature in the Niro, light comes on automatically within 30 seconds after wiper is turn on according to the owners manual if the “auto” mode is selected. It’s a law I think in all states across US? For VA, MD, and IL, it’s mandatory but I don’t think it’s enforced if it’s a secondary offense but a good safety measure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you not have daytime running lights in the states yet? It's been a law in Canada since 1990.

DRL is not a requirement in the US unlike CN but US Niro does comes with DRL [LX and higher] with option to turn off which will set manual mode. DRL comes on only in auto mode during the daylight and turn on HL when gets "dark".

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
A number of states have wiper/lights on laws, sharing a ride today in the rain elicited a comment that that was the law in TN.

Why not just leave your lights completely off until dusk? If you are concerned with energy consumption, that it the only choice that makes sense. The daytime running lights are only activated in the front anyway I think, completely useless on limited access highways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts