Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 21 Niro Touring and am wondering if there is an aux input for phones, etc. I am only finding the USB input but so far I have not seen an input for aux cords. Am I missing something on this?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,749 Posts
I believe the AUX in jacks have gone away, with USB taking their place. There's none on my '19, and I wouldn't expect them to remove and then add them back.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
184 Posts
Hello, I have a 21 Niro Touring and am wondering if there is an aux input for phones, etc. I am only finding the USB input but so far I have not seen an input for aux cords. Am I missing something on this?
My 2020 does not have aux either.
I prefer the USB and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the device you want to connect such as a phone or a cd player etc. doesn't support Bluetooth, but has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, you can get a Bluetooth transmitter to plug it into your device and make it Bluetooth capable. Here's an example. With this thing working as promised, you can theoretically connect anything with a 3.5mm jack to your car and stream audio. One thing to point out is that this particular device is a transmitter, and not a receiver. So the connection is one-way, from the device to the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the device you want to connect such as a phone or a cd player etc. doesn't support Bluetooth, but has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, you can get a Bluetooth transmitter to plug it into your device and make it Bluetooth capable. Here's an example. With this thing working as promised, you can theoretically connect anything with a 3.5mm jack to your car and stream audio. One thing to point out is that this particular device is a transmitter, and not a receiver. So the connection is one-way, from the device to the car.
I've been working through this and this isn't quite the case. As far as I can tell, the head unit will only sync with phones. I cannot get a bluetooth transmitter to connect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been working through this and this isn't quite the case. As far as I can tell, the head unit will only sync with phones. I cannot get a bluetooth transmitter to connect.
The car needs to support A2DP standard. I saw on an old Kia forum that it was possible, but not sure for Niros.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I have personally exhausted every option trying to get a CD player to work with my stock 2020 Niro EV Premium (no need to debate the merit of antiquated technology). I have tried this in Version 2 which is supposed to work for my model, but doesn't
. I tried other Aux to USB adaptors and a USB transmitter. I believe the only option is a FM transmitter plugged into your aux on the device. You'll have to deal with occasional static and poorer quality sound. I'm open to learning how to solder an aux input into the head unit, but I cannot find any obvious guides.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,749 Posts
I believe the only option is a FM transmitter plugged into your aux on the device. You'll have to deal with occasional static and poorer quality sound. I'm open to learning how to solder an aux input into the head unit, but I cannot find any obvious guides.
I use such a device in my truck for my phone Bluetooth connection. I can either leave it on it's internal speaker or turn on the FM transmitter. But even as close as the unit is to the antenna on the truck, it's never a crystal clear signal. It may select a frequency that appears clear, but while in motion an interfering station may come into range. It never remains clear of interference. But naturally, the number of stations nearby can affect this. I live near Seattle, and there are dozens of FM radio stations in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts