Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Should be an easy fix. As said above, warranty issue, see the dealer.

Don't stress, all LCDs sometimes have defects. Some LCD TV manufacturers won't even cover dead pixels with the warranty unless 5+ pixels are dead. But kia should cover that issue no problem, that is obviously a factory defect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I emailed my salesperson a photo and I am requesting a loaner being I drove it off the lot that way. Just not something you want to deal with on day one of ownership.

Should be an easy fix. As said above, warranty issue, see the dealer.

Don't stress, all LCDs sometimes have defects. Some LCD TV manufacturers won't even cover dead pixels with the warranty unless 5+ pixels are dead. But kia should cover that issue no problem, that is obviously a factory defect.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Not sure what you mean by display drivers but the term usually means software to me (as in updated drivers). I'm not an expert, but I've seen a lot of cable issues, and this isn't one I've seen before. Possible of course.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
That is not a software or driver issue. the line is causes by either a bad pin to one of the lcd ports or a bad cable hookup. It rather sucks that it was an issue that they should have caught before they let the car leave the lot with you. But likely as with any dealership, they figure it's better to give the customer the car than hold it back. When I got mine, they had 4 days they said it would take from when we signed the deal to when I could pick up the car. supposedly to prep and get the car ready. we showed up and ended up waiting for over an hour as the car wasn't finished. Mine went out with all sorts of problems and had gone back to the dealership quite a few times. I look at it now as since they pissed me off enough by the attitude, any single fault gets brought in and the service manager now deals with me and I give him the list of what I think his wrong and then he goes out with me to look and if it requires a drive then he comes. I figure that i might as well get the perfectly working car and not let anything slip by that I have a question about.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not sure what you mean by display drivers but the term usually means software to me (as in updated drivers). I'm not an expert, but I've seen a lot of cable issues, and this isn't one I've seen before. Possible of course.

I do board level repairs of electronic equipment, among other things, in order to get a LCD panel to display proper data, you need an IC such as this....

I really DISLIKE how you cannot incorporate a GIF or JPEG into a post, see attached pic...G'rrrrr

The bit at the top, "buffers" are the final output to the display. if one transistor craps out, you get a green line in a display, or red, or blue, or no display black, or all on white.

I might consider replacing the chip itself, but KIA will just swap out the board that contains the circuitry. It's a more cost effective way of fixing the problem

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts