Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my Niro and noticed that the beeping in reverse is really quiet. Is there a way to increase the volume so you can actually hear it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why do you need to hear it? It’s for people outside the car to not get hit by it when only the electric motor is running. And I’ve been told it’s distinctly louder outside.

In the Prius I found the loud truck-like backup beep to be very annoying. I love the I can barely the Niro’s.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We can barely hear ours outside of the vehicle. It's VERY low. But agreed, glad it's not something too loud and annoying.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I doubt that this is something we can do ourselves and odds are its a feature that is left up to Nissan to work on. Being such a new vehicle that's where we should be looking for answers. Has anyone tried to contact Nissan USA about this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Does anyone remember the 60's movie It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world? The Italian guys car breaks down, so he gets in a ladies convertible to finish the "race". First thing he does is bust off the rearview mirror and throw it out. Then says "first rule of Italian racing- never worry about what is behind you."

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does anyone remember the 60's movie It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world? The Italian guys car breaks down, so he gets in a ladies convertible to finish the "race". First thing he does is bust off the rearview mirror and throw it out. Then says "first rule of Italian racing- never worry about what is behind you."
The first "Gumball Rally"... Italian driver there sez "what's behind you is not important"

BTW, I can't even hear the beep, in or out of the car, good!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I doubt that this is something we can do ourselves and odds are its a feature that is left up to Nissan to work on. Being such a new vehicle that's where we should be looking for answers. Has anyone tried to contact Nissan USA about this?
Is this a REAL post? We're not talking about Nissan's here, this is a Kia Niro forum ??!!??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts