Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for my first oil change for my 2017 hybrid. What does everyone use? Wondering which oil filter is better Purolator Boss Premium or Mobil 1 Extended Performance. Seems you couldn't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Those are the two filters I'd recommend. Synthetic filter media can hold far more than cheap paper filters. That said, if you are going for the standard change interval or say up to 10,000 miles, I'm not sure the extra cost confers a benefit.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Maybe OEM? The dealer charged me $6.58 for a new filter last week. The advantage of getting it there is that you can also pick up a new washer for the drain plug that's guaranteed to fit. That will set you back another $1.09/

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use the Mobil 1 Extended performance filter and the annual protection oil and change it yearly or 15k miles but I don't get that many a year.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Mobil 1 Extended performance filter and the annual protection oil and change it yearly or 15k miles but I don't get that many a year.
Not sure yet how many miles I'm going to get on my Niro in a year. That could determine my oil filter preference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure yet how many miles I'm going to get on my Niro in a year. That could determine my oil filter preference.
Says its good for 20k miles but I dont know I do the yearly change. Haven't had this car long enough to see if it uses oil but I think its going to be ok at 3 months now and it hasn't dropped any. My daughters Hyundai uses about 1/2 a quart every 3 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts