Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please help! Kia are useless with this. We have ordered a new Niro 4+ but can't have a detatchable tow bar!! We have one on our Spotage and we love it just for our bikes. Can't lift an electric bike onto the roof so that's not an option. So, looking for any help with the tow bar option or other non faf solution.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Would someone please help! Kia are useless with this. We have ordered a new Niro 4+ but can't have a detatchable tow bar!! We have one on our Spotage and we love it just for our bikes. Can't lift an electric bike onto the roof so that's not an option. So, looking for any help with the tow bar option or other non faf solution.
Several people on this forum have installed tow hitches on pretty much every flavor of the Niro so you might have better luck skipping the dealer and just going to a private shop for the install. I'm not sure any of those have been in the UK, is there a specific reason you can't get one or is it just that Kia won't sell it to you?

Here are a couple of links to threads talking about hitch installs, there are more though:
Link 1
Link 2

How do you feel about a hatch mounted rack? I have the Saris Superbones 3 and it works great. Install and removal is easy too.

Reactions: Dovidan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kia say there's is not compatible and one can't be fitted. Can't find any private fitters in Herts UK! THANKS for the info though!

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
252 Posts
Julie7356 here is a link to UK Niro Forum maybe more help there for your location

I live in USA but accidently joined this Forum when I was researching buying a NIRO. Our friends across the ocean were helpful to me.

Here is a link to another FV Forum discussing hitches for the NIRO EV

·
Registered
774 Posts
Kia say there's is not compatible and one can't be fitted. Can't find any private fitters in Herts UK! THANKS for the info though!
Curt, a US manufacturer of aftermarket tow hitches, lists two for the Niro:
Class 2 - 350 lb tongue weight
Class 3 - 525 lb tongue weight
Several folks have installed the class 3 with great success. Not sure if they sell in the UK though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts