Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

BLOWN HEAD GASKET

14K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  FlNiro 
I just looked under www.kiaparts.com and it said remanufactured sub engine for a 2017 Kia Niro LX is $1626.25 Not sure was is all included but it would leave me to believe it should be the whole engine but without the assesories.

Oh Techy, you made the light bulb go off in my head. I was thinking a bad head gasket led to the coolant loss like the old GM diesel issue. My old Chevy school bus (little bus based on the vans) were notorious for blowing head gaskets I didn't even think about the losing coolant issue from the heat exchanger. Your the man LOL. I guess the moral of the story for us Niro people is don't drive the car if your losing coolant and to keep an eye on your coolant.

Ok Techy, this is your test LOL. Imagine your on Jeopardy and bet it all on a daily double and the whole audience is holding their breath :eek:

Just make sure it really is the head gasket not the coolant thing that leaks going into catalytic converter. If you search here you'll find a lot of discussions about it and solutions. This is why I've gotten into the habit of leaving the engine temp. displayed on the instrument cluster so I can see if ever my engine is running hotter than normal.