Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when in manual mode and at the lower gears from 3 shifting down to 2 and then 1 coming to a stop, there was a noticeable lag in breaking capability. It didn't seem to want to stop completely and "coasted" to a stop (a bit concerning). :eek: The only way it seemed to stop completely was to push the pedal hard to the ground. It did not do this when in normal mode.

Not sure if this is because it was manual mode with the dual-clutch trans that gave it this affect or the regenerative breaking system or both.

Has anyone experienced this that owns one or noticed on a test drive? This could be a deal killer for me. I won't be driving in the manual mode often but would like to know that the car will stop when it needs to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's actually very weird. I know typically when downshifting, you would apply the brakes at a constant pressure to get it to shift nicely down the gears (without jerking) but it's never been known to decrease braking capabilities. Have you consulted the dealer at all?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They tell me I know more about the car than they do. It's too new and they are learning also. Yikes! I tried it again today and it didn't seem as noticed this time. Hybrid regenerative braking is different from a non-hybrid car so that may have a fair amount to do with it. It's operating on a different system that most cars do not have. I assume that if it was that much of an issue, someone else would have mentioned so I will assume that it is normal for this type of car and not to worry too much about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts