Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Forum.

I live in Berlin, Germany.

A month ago I bought a Niro (Spirit) Hybrid.

I found a 2017 model with only 230 kms. It was the dealership test car. So I got a really good price for it.

I drove it 30kms to my home and the next morning, the car started coughing and an orange motor indicator lit up. We called Kia an they told us to stop immediately and to get a tow truck.

The tow truck took it to the nearest Kia... not the one we bought it from.... and it sat there for 1 month. They could not find the problem. Then we got it back last Thursday and drove it 3 kms to my home and then broke down again with the same problem. The Niro is back at the shop and they still don't know how to fix it.

The tow truck driver said that in Germany they have a lot of problems with hybrids because there is not enough experts to fix them. That is why I am asking in this forum.

Apparently the error came from the third.... I don't really know how to explain this... it is on top of the motor , there are 4 hoses going in.. i guess they control the spark plugs... anyways that is what the computer told the technician where the problem was coming from.

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
Apparently the error came from the third.... I don't really know how to explain this... it is on top of the motor , there are 4 hoses going in.. i guess they control the spark plugs... anyways that is what the computer told the technician where the problem was coming from.
Hallo Ruli, Willkommen im Forum.
So sad to hear that you are having a problem just day's after you got the car.! Is the problem coming from the GDI injectors ? if so, this is not an hybrid problem..

keep us updated.!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts