Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our error message came back but we are ignoring it as per our plan. I’ll be interested if this latest replacement works for you or whether you will eventually get the warning again.
I purchased a 2020 HEV three weeks ago and have put 1000 km on it. Today I got the "check active air flap" message and CEL came on. Took it to dealer 2 hours later and everything was good until I arrived and then message and CEL were back. Tech checked it out and said everything is OK and sent me back home. I am skeptical that it is fixed but certainly going to drive until message returns and I get sick of ignoring it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
56 Posts
I am brand new today and apologize if I have missed a thread on this issue; I did look for one. Bought our Niro PHEV last week and, before we took it home, the dealer said there is a problem with the air intake flap and they needed to fix it. So we drove home a Soul and went back on Saturday to pick up the Niro. All is fine on the 168 mile ride home, and then on Thursday at about 269 miles, the check engine light goes on and the "check active air flap" error message starts flashing. Having checked with the local dealer that they can service the PHEV before we bought it (they don't sell them here in the outer regions of NC), we stop by only to be told that, well they COULD work on it, but they can't do WARRANTY work on it because they can't get paid by Kia for it because they aren't certified for EV. They could change the oil (thanks, so can Jiffy Lube.) So we kick this up to original dealer, who says that's ridiculous, and asked for contact info for the local dealer. This all happened on Friday and now I am just waiting to hear back from anyone. I did, however, look at the local dealer's website and they do have 2 Niro hybrids for sale, so I have written asking how working on ours for the active air flap is any different than working on the hybrids they sell. The original dealer would send someone down to pick up the car and give us another loaner but, honestly, what a waste of resources, and also since this has happened just 5 days after they supposedly fixed it, we could be doing this dance weekly....

Yes, I want to whine, but also... is anyone having active air flap issues, especially repetitive? Ours is a 2020 Niro EX PHEV. And, has anyone had the experience of buying elsewhere and then having trouble getting the local dealer to service?
Looks like the dealership is absolute garbage. My 2019 Niro with 10k has had no problems. When I went to go test drive the car, the sales person said that they would do a 168 point inspection to make sure everything is good. They provided me with documents stating that everything was done and I had to sign it. My overall experience was great. I wouldn’t have not take that car and it’s strange that if their was a problem then they should have fixed it first or given you another car.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts