Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. All of a sudden today the little black button on the drivers side door handle stopped working. 99% of the time I use the button to lock/unlock the doors and today it just doesn't work. After a few different tries it sometimes worked after a second or two lag. The passenger side works fine and I switched remotes but still no action. Does anybody have a clue if it's more than just the button going bad? Thanks! Oh it's a 2018 regular hybrid LX no options.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Some on the Ioniq forum have also reported button failures. You are just unlucky! Does your remote unlocks the door fine? Not sure if the failure mode is mechanical or radio.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it works fine with the remote. I was thinking it's just the button but I know with a lot of new cars what you think is simple.....well maybe not LOL. Do you know off hand if it's hard to change the button? Do you have to take the door handle apart or does it just pop out?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was just wondering how long they're gonna need the car.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link! I never saw that site before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All. All of a sudden today the little black button on the drivers side door handle stopped working. 99% of the time I use the button to lock/unlock the doors and today it just doesn't work. After a few different tries it sometimes worked after a second or two lag. The passenger side works fine and I switched remotes but still no action. Does anybody have a clue if it's more than just the button going bad? Thanks! Oh it's a 2018 regular hybrid LX no options.
Hi,
I have the same problem on my Niro, can you tell me what you had to do to fix the button that stopped working
Thank you
Ray

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,
I have the same problem on my Niro, can you tell me what you had to do to fix the button that stopped working
Thank you
Ray
Just took it to the dealer, they replaced the button under the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts