Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any Niro owners happen to know if the cabin heater is electric or runs off of the engine coolant? Or better yet, how this may be set up in the upcoming plug-in version? Living here in chilly New England, I'm hoping there may be a remote start/"Go Time" pre-heating feature coming in the PHEV version similar to what the Ford C-Max Energi offers. For that matter, does the current Niro hybrid even offer the ability to connect to your home network via Wifi? If so, what current features/advantages does that offer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like most all hybrids, the heat comes from a standard engine/radiator cooling. If it's cold outside, the engine is going to be running anyway.
I have a Ford Fusion Hybrid and this is never really an issue at all. In 1-2 minutes you have decent heat. In the Niro, they make a big
deal about heat reclamation so I'd expect it to work great. But good question.

An all electric car - no idea how that would work, would have to be electric right?

No remote start see or remote app as Mazda, Subaru, Ford have - that would be a nice plus. Don't think this feature is on any Kia at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Full EVs do use an electric heater to my knowledge. But once there's an ICE somewhere there, it'll utilize the coolant as the source for the heater core.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts