Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a fresh silicone smell from the vents for months now and I cant figure it out. When silicone drys, it no longer smells and anyway I never had the stuff in the car. I changed the cabin vent today but it still smells, weird

·
Registered
76 Posts
maybe humidity... try an aircon cleaner (a can of specific desinfectant you empty in the car runing aircon in close circuit and leave it running a while with you waiting outside)
and change aircon filter if in bad state

a trick is to stop AC (just switch off the pushbutton AC, not everything...fan must keep runing ) 5mn before arriving home ... it dries out the heat exchanger before you stop the car and avoid smells.

·
Registered
379 Posts
When my car was new I got a smell whenever I used the Washers, not sure if that' what your smelling. Once the stuff that came with the car worked it's way out you don't smell it so bad.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When my car was new I got a smell whenever I used the Washers, not sure if that' what your smelling. Once the stuff that came with the car worked it's way out you don't smell it so bad.

same here, not sure what they used from factory but smells toxic for sure. I have since sprayed out most and replaced with rain-x which smell less toxic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts