Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am kind of dumb for doing this but I want to know if this plastic part exist. I accidently spilled soy sauce all over the center console which I was able to clean up and get rid of the smell but most of it went under that plastic pocket next to the cup holders. I tried to take it off a couple of times but I ended up breaking the black plastic around it. I have searched online for this part but I can't find it. As you can see in the example picture, it is a black plastic thing.

6.jpg thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
121 Posts
I am kind of dumb for doing this but I want to know if this plastic part exist. I accidently spilled soy sauce all over the center console which I was able to clean up and get rid of the smell but most of it went under that plastic pocket next to the cup holders. I tried to take it off a couple of times but I ended up breaking the black plastic around it. I have searched online for this part but I can't find it. As you can see in the example picture, it is a black plastic thing.

View attachment 6753 View attachment 6754
I have never attempted but I suspect you will need to remove the whole console and will then find the method of attachment from the underside. I hope that tray can be purchased separately - otherwise you could be buying the whole console.

·
Registered
7 Posts

View attachment 6753 View attachment 6754
Hi there! Here we have brief instructions on how to disassemble the center console of our car https://www.drive2.ru/l/574295265226261011/.

But I'm not sure that this link can be opened in the United States. However, it is quite easy to dismantle. Why and for what? Because otherwise, you will not be able to wash this part well enough. As for spare parts, you are unlikely to be able to find it separately. Therefore, I would advise you to look at used parts as here - https://allegro.pl/oferta/kia-niro-tunel-srodkowy-podlokietnik-8035295110

And the price does not look very high. However, I'm not sure that they will be able to send this item to the United States and how high will be the cost of shipping.

I hope this post will be useful for you.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
121 Posts
This is helpful but from the picture it looks like you would have to take out the entire center console to replace that place. Im pretty sure the dealership will charge me a fortune so Im just going to leave it besides it doesn't really effect anything. It's just plastic.
Find a buddy that is handy and let him do it for a case of beer:)
I certainly wouldn't pay a dealer$100 to do the job.
Many center consoles are not that tough to remove and the part is available at a good price

·
Registered
7 Posts
Find a buddy that is handy and let him do it for a case of beer:)
I certainly wouldn't pay a dealer$100 to do the job.
Many center consoles are not that tough to remove and the part is available at a good price
Totally agree! And this procedure will take no longer than 30-40 min with beer.🍻 Just follow my link Демонтаж центральной консоли Kia Niro — KIA Niro, 1.6 л., 2017 года на DRIVE2.
"It's just plastic". But spoils general view :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
After looking at the previous link given by Molinero I'd say that if I'd had that spill our car would spell of soy sauce for some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts