Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to get a car wash soon to get the road salt off of the undercarriage. Will I just be able to put it into neutral and get taken through, or are there other concerns? :x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, I would worry about the grit embedded cloths they use to wipe down the car with.... resulting in scratches in the clear coat!

·
Registered
68 Posts
took mine through an automatic wash last week when it was super cold .. got the grit off, no scratches, and the hot air blowers took most of the moisture away. I've gone to spray-your-own places but when it is this cold (which is nice because the roads have less salt because it is ineffective and are less wet because it is so **** cold) I find the doors start to stick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope to get a car wash soon to get the road salt off of the undercarriage. Will I just be able to put it into neutral and get taken through, or are there other concerns? :x
Other than the concerns of the brushes of the auto wash putting fine scratches in yout vehicle, no. Most of the auto car washes have to use part recycled water, even worse. If you can find one with just plain pressurised wands, i would even pay someone to do it rather than use the scratch cloth auto washes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts