Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Kia NA is so slow with information updates, I'm forced to dig around the international sites (mostly Korea) and found that they have three cargo accessory options for the Korean spec one. Not sure if we'll get them but if we do, which one will you choose? Or none of the above?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The first one is so weird with the cut out storage... I would prefer the second cargo option.
As for the third... I don't get why it's on the bottom, is there like the hanging option? I wouldn't even put my laptop in the cargo like that (personally think that's poor advertisement).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100% agree with you. No idea what the point of the cargo tray is and if you do go with the tray, that makes the cargo net obsolete because you can just put the laptop in one of the trays for stability. Maybe those options won't make it to other global markets because I really don't see a point in them. The cargo cover is something I would go for. I'm prone to leaving my bags in the trunk and if someone can see it, they're more likely to break my window to get it. Gives my trunk a modicum of privacy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Although we might not get some things the Korean will be getting, things as basic and common as a tonneau cover will be offered, its like an industry standard. But that net for laptops or whatever someone decides to use it for might not be available through U.S. dealers.

What I do want that's not here is a cargo net, which will help in transporting groceries without worry of them falling during driving.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I always felt the regular cargo net and tonneau cover was always sufficient. As for option 3... me putting my heavy jacket over my laptop would probably amount to the same result...

·
Registered
151 Posts
It should ... but.. I'm unsure looking at the pictures to see if there are any hooks for it. Can't really tell too much, can you ? I may just not be so attentive lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking at other pictures, there should be extra hooks where you can attach the net to so it's not limited to strapping something tiny to the floor of the trunk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Perfect. That's much more sensible, would seem silly to just have a cargo net for the floor that can't be used anywhere else lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also notice that there's a handle in the cargo floor cover. That's most likely hiding a spare tire and if you are willing to sacrifice it then that could be used as extra cargo space.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That would be a good amount of usable space as well ... hm.... Once you have some sort of roadside assistance, you should be good, no ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depends on the company you go with. Some will give you a certain amount of free tows per year for free.
For longer trips, a spare tire would be better but for short ones you can probably forgo the spare and just take a repair kit with you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's true. I've taken my spare tire out but I don't really go far distances. I can see how it could come in handy when making a long haul. A repair kit is a good idea too though, never thought about getting one until now

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just realized that the odd four portion tray sits deeper into the cargo area. Looks like you'll have to remove the base cargo cover before installing that tray, that just seems so inconvenient and useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know if it is possible to remove the cargo tray/s so that the net capacity for suitcases and trolley is bigger?
I think that Kia claims to have 430 liters of boot capacitiy but my own estimation with the standard setup is much less.
Regards,

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's either they designed it in such a way to be removeable for that exact purpose or you have to remove it in a way where your basically uninstalling it, but even then that shouldn't be too hard or time consuming, simple tools get the job done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The cargo tray in my Kia Soul has a cover. If you remove the tray, the spare tire / tire inflation kit is there. Unless you remove that as well, it doesn't add much space.

In short, you can actually use the cover, the tray, and the net all at once.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let's see if this is the same then ? Even if it's similar to un-installing the tray, typically it's just some of those button clip things that just require a trim tool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts