Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
That was one of the first things our Niro needed was a phone mount. I bought this one, sticks on right next to the screen and came with a piece of metal i put under the case so it sticks to the magnet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a similar vent mounted phone holder and it does the job. Check out the video on this product. The lady’s phone has a screen protector that is for a much smaller phone. Lol. At least most of the screen is protected.

·
Registered
2019 White PHEV EX Prem, Mich Premier AS tires, LED BU lights, window visors 2022 Subaru OB Touring
519 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
82 Posts
Here's a Qi charging holder at Sam's Club. I have one of these, and a similar one, both mounted on either side of the screen. I will suggest using better 3M tape for the mounting bracket, as it did let loose when it got hot inside the car recently. It does give different mounting options.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a bunch of magnets from disassembled hard drives. I detached a couple from the brackets (took a vise, visegrips, and a screwdriver to break the attachment point); then I used some double-faced picture hanger cushion cut to size and stuck one magnet on the dashboard to the left of the center screen. I attached another magnet to the inside of the phone case with double-faced scotch tape just so it wouldn't slide around. Now, when I lift the phone into position, it stays in place better than anything else I've tried. I use the phone's Google Maps so the center screen is just for my USB/radio media play.

Even with the magnet inside the case, the phone still fits in my Nite-Ize belt sleeve w/o issue when I'm not in the car.

Edit: Removed the magnet from the phone case and mounted it under the other magnet on the dashboard (so now there are two). Into the phone case I taped a metal disc from a WyzeCam mounting kit. The large disc with the two mounted magnets adheres the same but now I can put the phone into a pocket by my wallet without wiping the magnetic strips on my credit cards. 😱

1 - 11 of 11 Posts