Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a NIRO EX 2018 - the only version sold in Mexico - but it has installed the lousy, no frills 5 inch screen infotainment system. I wonder if it is possible to change/replace it with the bigger screen one that has Android Auto capabilities. I would drive to USA to get it installed because it is not available south of the border.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nowadays, you can install whatever you want, you just need to find the right shop with good electrics and infotainment system that has the same size. Kenwood offers a lot of good systems with AA software.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put a Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX in my other car, it's fantastic, it cover everything, sounds wonder, easy to use.

Has a built in GPS - which I've never used because of Android Auto / CarPlay. Nice thing it has two rear USB (only comes with one ext cable) And a SD Card reader so plenty of ways to input music - video's etc.

When I installed it, the interfaced with the car's factory rear camera, but doesn't display as nice (I think the Pioneer has a better resolution that the care) but the factory (Honda) stereo sounded so bad, and it's a major win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts