Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just recently bought a 2020 Niro but he told me that he finds the tail lights a little bit weird but he does like the interior and everything else. He wants to replace them with the ones I have (2019 model). I looked at them and they look like the same shape. As any done this?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
You know, I've never noticed my tail lights when driving. If one cares at all about this, other drivers on the road forced to look at our tail lights should vote on this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
" SHOW-OUT "
Your Friend is right... The 2019's have more Character & Personality... They "SHOW-OUT" when you get behind one on the road especially when one hits the Brakes, and at Night... The 2020's are Smoothed out, and look Generic by comparison... That's just The Way It IS...
I hope its possible to Swap them out...
Amber's "NIRO Touring Plus" is Definitely Not Generic...!!!...:cool:
It's "Bad A$$" or you could say "BAD TO THE BONE"
Click The Pics:

·
Registered
377 Posts
This proposed taillight swap certainly highlights the ol' saying one person's trash is another's treasure!
I too feel that the 2020 tails are rather tame, generic, and blend in smoother with the rest of the car's rear compared to 2019's. I haven't been behind a 2020 at a stoplight, but have multiple times with 2019s. One thing for sure, the 2019s with LEDs certainly are dazzlingly visible and are not likely to be missed -- some much that I found myself squinting; practically needed shades. :cool:

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case some of you haven't seen the tail lights for the 2020 Niro, I found a picture. They kind of do look bland. I prefer the 2017 - 2019 ones because they are LED which means they are brighter and people are able to see them. The ones that my friend has are the light bulb ones except for the backup light which are LED. I don't know why KIA did this. The other ones are a lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
" SHOW-OUT "
Your Friend is right... The 2019's have more Character & Personality... They "SHOW-OUT" when you get behind one on the road especially when one hits the Brakes, and at Night... The 2020's are Smoothed out, and look Generic by comparison... That's just The Way It IS...
I hope its possible to Swap them out...
Amber's "NIRO Touring Plus" is Definitely Not Generic...!!!...:cool:
It's "Bad A$$" or you could say "BAD TO THE BONE"
Click The Pics:
View attachment 6527
View attachment 6526
I prefer these. They are much brighter and yes if the LED burns out you have to replace the entire assembly but I find them stylish.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2020 LXS and my reverse bulb is definitely not LED.

I was thinking of swapping the bulbs in the tail lights for LED ones but it seems like in order to do so you have to remove the tail light housing off the car to access the bulbs. If I'm gonna go through all that work I might as well get 2017-2019 tail lights instead

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts