Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run the air conditioner while plugged in and charging or will this deplete the 12v aux battery? Owners manual is not real clear on this although it does recommend turning the Niro off when charging. It would be nice to enter a nice cool car and not depleting the battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know if you can charge the Niro with the engine on. If you can I would put Niro in hybrid mode so the the gas engine would turn on and recharge the 12 volt , but you can use Uvo app on phone to turn on air so when you get in car it is cool.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Can I run the air conditioner while plugged in and charging or will this deplete the 12v aux battery? Owners manual is not real clear on this although it does recommend turning the Niro off when charging. It would be nice to enter a nice cool car and not depleting the battery.
Not sure about this, but I know you can run the climate control with the car remotely using the UVO eco app, not sure about while plugged in, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I assume it would run the gas engine though to drive the air conditioner.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Far more efficient that requiring a belt driven compressor from the engine running. Mind you, the Niro AC does run on a belt, but from the electric motor. So it turns on and off independently of what is being used for motive force. Likely at some low SOC, it will not run unless the ICE is recharging the traction battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts