Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I recently discovered the benefits of the Niro, and traded in the Prius for a Plug-In Hybrid EX. I have been trying to find charging stations, and was in Napa, CA this weekend. I searched out a charging station, EV-Go. Alas, while it offered two kinds of charging adapters, neither fit in my car's outlet. Has anyone else experienced this? What companies have the correct adapters?

Glad to part of the forum here.
Wishing all a safe and fun holiday,
A

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi!
I recently discovered the benefits of the Niro, and traded in the Prius for a Plug-In Hybrid EX. I have been trying to find charging stations, and was in Napa, CA this weekend. I searched out a charging station, EV-Go. Alas, while it offered two kinds of charging adapters, neither fit in my car's outlet. Has anyone else experienced this? What companies have the correct adapters?

Glad to part of the forum here.
Wishing all a safe and fun holiday,
A
I've only run into 1 charging station that didn't have the J1772 plug the Niro uses. EV-Go definitely has stations that have that connector, I used one a few months ago. I have accounts with both EV-Go and ChargePoint. ChargePoint is nice as it will let you filter on plug type. EV-Go doesn't seem to have that feature, although if you select a particular location it does list the plug types available. Just be sure to select one with a J1772 connector and you should be good to go.

There's also PlugShare, which mostly helps find public or other free charging locations, but it can be useful.

One thing I need to remember is to bring my Level 1 cable with me on road trips. A lot of hotels will let you an exterior plug to charge up while you stay there.

Welcome to the club and good luck with the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts