Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is the "Check active air flap system" error and warning message that pops up, but I haven't gotten that.

Setup the car for scheduled charging last night with off-peak hour settings and it never ended up charging.

Turn the car on and I get the Check Engine Light.

UVO app doesn't show any issues and the Owners section of Kia.com says "0 Diagnostic issues found"

I pulled over and checked the gas cap and that was fine and didn't make the light come off.

I'll obviously take it in to the dealer, but that probably won't be able to be done until Saturday as I'm about an hour away.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Most local auto parts stores will scan your car for free (but yes, I have my own scanner). If it was the gas cap, it might take some time to turn itself off.

·
Registered
2020 Niro PHEV LXS
75 Posts
Or you can pickup a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner such as the one I got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are cheaper ones, but I wanted one that automatically went to sleep when not in use to save battery drain since I leave it plugged in all the time. I use mine in conjunction with the Torque Pro app. The app allows me to do many other things beside checking for faults. Since my 2020 Niro Plug-in is also new I'm testing performance for MPGe and establishing a baseline for any future battery degradation. It's been quite the learning experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Torque Pro ALERT : For those with Android phones who are using Torque Pro be aware that if you update to Android 11 you will lose Torque Pro. It crashes immediately. There's apparently been no response from the programmer to users calls for an update for what looks like months now Looks like he is no longer interested/took his chips off the table and left. It worked great on Android 10 I'm so pissed I updated. I still have my old Nexus phone so it's not a total loss.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Torque Pro ALERT : For those with Android phones who are using Torque Pro be aware that if you update to Android 11 you will lose Torque Pro. It crashes immediately. There's apparently been no response from the programmer to users calls for an update for what looks like months now Looks like he is no longer interested/took his chips off the table and left. It worked great on Android 10 I'm so pissed I updated. I still have my old Nexus phone so it's not a total loss.
Dang, that sucks. At least like you I have an older 'droid that I can still use it with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts