Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to do a little grocery shopping and while in park with the Air running, car showed on screen Check Hybrid System, and now only operates on the gas engine, A/C won't work either. Obviously no battery power so very sluggish and engine runs continuously.

This failure, like all comes at a very inopportune time (Sunday Night) and I have a very important work appointment in the morning so I can't even take the time to go to dealer.

Guess I will have to wait and see what happens...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally got ahold of the service department today. They are waiting on a return call from Kia Tech line, regarding diagnostics and parts approvals. At this point I still have questions and no answers. Fortunately they put me in a rental vehicle the first day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been a whole week now, still no word from dealer service department on what's wrong or what it will take to fix it.
They are waiting for Kia Techline ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stopped in at the dealer today, and requested the status of this diagnosis. I was informed they are running one more diagnostic for the Techline people, at this point it looks like the HECU is being replaced.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer called me today. They have ordered the HECU but it is on national backorder. They wouldn't give me an ETA.

Clock is ticking, we are halfway to the 4 weeks continuous out of service timeline for lemon law.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got my car back today. Appears there was some sort of direct short in the Hybrid power control unit?
The part number is 36600-2B196
What is scary about this, the part msrp is over $4,000.00

Hopefully this part doesn't fail a lot. Would hate to eat that cost out of warranty

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems this saga still continues.....

I drove it home from the dealer, put it on the charger and waited for it to charge up. Was going to go out to get some dinner, as soon as I backed out of the driveway and pulled away, the check hybrid system light and check engine light came on, and would only run on the gas engine with no a/c, just like before.

That's an expensive parts cannon they used.......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seems this saga still continues.....

I drove it home from the dealer, put it on the charger and waited for it to charge up. Was going to go out to get some dinner, as soon as I backed out of the driveway and pulled away, the check hybrid system light and check engine light came on, and would only run on the gas engine with no a/c, just like before.

That's an expensive parts cannon they used.......
Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Luggage and bags Automotive design

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got a call from Kia Customer Service today, they are "escalating" my case due to the time the car has been with the dealer. I am thinking they are starting to sweat over the rental fees from enterprise LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope you have a successful outcome. Keep us advised how it's going.
What pushed me over the edge was the service manager completely ignoring a written email with very simple questions.
Have your technicians been able to reproduce the error
what steps have been taken to diagnose the problem
and finally, what is the plan moving forward to resolve the problem.

I don't think that is too much to ask for, when they have had the vehicle for 2 months now

·
Registered
890 Posts
What pushed me over the edge was the service manager completely ignoring a written email with very simple questions.
Have your technicians been able to reproduce the error
what steps have been taken to diagnose the problem
and finally, what is the plan moving forward to resolve the problem.

I don't think that is too much to ask for, when they have had the vehicle for 2 months now
You are quite correct, not too much to ask at all. You should tell us the dealer's name so other people can avoid them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts