Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Niro EX Touring Graphite Edition
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried switching the inside rear view mirror power on and off to see if there is some noticeable difference? Does it take some time or is the effect immediate??

I have the mirror with the power switch in the middle, the green power-on light on the left and the small sensor window on the right.
At night, with strong headlights behind me, I can see absolutely no discernable difference when switching off to on to off to on, nothing. I've read in the manual that it also is supposed to change when reversing at night. The mirror is supposed to get lighter, less dimming, to allow better spotting of obstacles when in reverse gear.

·
Registered
2018 Niro EX Premium (Canada)
16 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I have the same problem. I can't discern any difference between having the mirror switched on or off. There is no dimming effect either way. Does this work for other owners?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm still hoping for a response of how the self-dimming mirror works for others. The fact that my mirror doesn't seem to dim the lights of following cars is very disappointing. If there isn't a malfunction with the mirror, I'll consider changing to a manual dimming rear view mirror.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm still hoping for a response of how the self-dimming mirror works for others. The fact that my mirror doesn't seem to dim the lights of following cars is very disappointing. If there isn't a malfunction with the mirror, I'll consider changing to a manual dimming rear view mirror.
My Niro is the first car I've used where the auto-dimming mirror actually works. When I looked thru the car specs I was disappointed it had an auto dimming mirror instead of a manual one. But am happy cause it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Can you notice the difference if you turn it off? Is the effect immediate or delayed?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can’t say that I’ve ever had a car with obnoxiously bright headlights right behind me, but I do notice a difference when the auto dimming is on. I guess I’ve gotten used to it because I don’t even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
207 Posts
After seeing this thread, I was finally driving my Niro at night and remembered to fiddle with the rear view mirror. I have to say, there’s not much difference. LOL. When it’s on, it’s equivalent to putting on a pair of light green sunglasses. The mirror seems to have a slight green tint to it, but it doesn’t cut down glare very much.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a different rearview mirror. I have a button for a tow truck, SOS and Navigation (middle button). Nothing to change the dimming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts