Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing the lane assist icon not showing that it sees where the lanes are sometimes when they are very very well marked. In the past I have been surprised at how well it finds lane markings... So I'm wondering if there are sensors that need cleaning? We clean the backup camera, but I don't know if the sensors should be cleaned or if so where they are.

Judy

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's a camera in your rearview mirror, pointing forward through your windshield. I don't know of any way to easily clean the camera lens itself, but maybe cleaning your windshield where the camera is would help? (Although the windshield wiper should be taking care of that already)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
On narrow well marked roads, LKAS will not work. However, it still sees the lane lines and will alert if you cross them without a turn signal. Try crossing a lane line to check just that. There are also some lighting conditions where LKAS will not work - we have the budget LKAS version!

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
we have the budget LKAS version!
Better than nothing!! ;)

I like this option, but sometimes it surprises me when it wants to correct my direction!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yup, save your life only once and it is worth the aggravation. I do a much better job of keeping the car in the center of the lane than LKAS though, many fewer corrections as this car holds a chosen line really well. With LKAS on, I'm constantly fighting it to stay centered so it takes some of the joy of driving away. It often likes center left and rides the left lane line (sometimes going over it and beeping me that it has crosse the line). But I leave it on 98% of the time, turning it off only on curvy backroads where intermittently activates at the exact wrong time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It takes a little getting used to, but we like all the safety features. I usually hate beeps and seat belt noises and the like, but I seem to tolerate the beeps re leaving the lane OK. I've turned down the backup beep... One friend commented that it corrects sooner than he would. Maybe that's why it is a bit disturbing at first. It also wants to leave the road when the road widens for a possible turn. I've never left it alone long enough to see what it would do... I'll have to do that experiment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts