Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to have the compass display at all times just not when plugged into the USB which then uses Google Maps. My wife asked about it and I can't seem to figure out if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
I thought is displays all the time. Or at least mine does. Not the most accurate in its only 8 directions, but definately there with no cell phone plugged in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the compass is diplayed when the nav is off in the screen behind the wheel in the naviagtion instruction menu.

It is as well on the side of the map if you slide the right hand side menu... maybe there are diference in function of the country you live in and the trim level...I don't know.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My EX Premium squares up with nounounounou's description, although I haven't tried the right-side nav menu trick that was mentioned.

If you want this feature and it didn't come in your trim level, I read about a Kia rear-view mirror replacement option that you could purchase from the dealer that displays compass directions. I'm not inclined to do that because the EX Premium has some other features in the rear-view (auto dimming) that are pretty subtle, but work well for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
On another thread about this it was mentioned that the LX does not have a compass.
sorry but over here there are different names for the trim level no LX EX RX ZX WhaterverX
they have name that is why I stipulated that acording to trim level it could difere as I have no Idea how it works for yours...
even over here between european countrys they might keep the name but have diferent equipment... and even in same country: exemple spain: no sunroof available but spanish canary island: sunroof...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts