Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Optimal temperatures for human power are very different than other forms of power. When you consider motor powered vehicles, changes in efficiency are very predictable with temperature. Not so with human power. Cold temperatures can be more efficient than hot temperatures even after adjusting clothing.
Hence the "Max A/C" setting.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
51 Posts
Greetings everyone, we're considering purchasing a new Kia Niro gas/electric hybrid. We're looking for all the data we can gather, good and bad. Would you buy another Niro? Why or why not? What year vehicle do you recommend? Specifically, why does Consumer Reports have such a negative view of the 2020 Niro? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Before the Niro I had a Prius. I live hybrid cars mainly because of their mpg. I have had my 2019 Niro eco hybrid for three months now and there are no problems. I already put in 8k miles. The acceleration is decent. Mpg is much better than the Prius even though it is more bigger. The most mpg I have gotten was 55 mpg (590 mile range). I hope in the future I can buy the plug in because you will be able to get more mpg. Nothing bad to report. I have been following the service on they owners manual. I didn’t know they were bringing out the 2020 Niro. I ask the dealership and they didn’t have any info. It will probably come out later this year.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts