Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Kia has been trying to keep this information from us, as some dealers are charging a fark ton for flushing the blue battery system coolant, which is supposed to be done every 36k miles.

Kia blue coolant is Kia part # BSC-1 (for Battery System Coolant).

Ingredients are Ethylene Glycol (the major "active" component in almost all anti-freeze), some corrosion inhibitors, and 50% water, and what I'm thinking is some blue dye.

FYI distilled water does not conduct electricity.

Check out this link, and read the label:

Blue Coolant

(Scroll down to the entry by Lasvegas666 for pictures)

The "Ethanadiol" on the label is just another name, used in Europe, for Ethylene Glycol. And water is, well (but distilled, ha), water.

Dober OEMs this (does not sell by its brand name) and mentions KIA on its website:

Electric Vehicle Coolants Performance Fluids Dober

https://2120090.fs1.hubspotusercont...echnical Data Sheets/Dober_EV_Coolant_SLC.pdf

Any known retail sources for this besides Kia would be highly appreciated.

· Registered
22 Posts
Before you get too carried away keep an eye on this fast-moving thread as things may be changing with respect to using this coolant.

· Registered
9 Posts
Before you get too carried away keep an eye on this fast-moving thread as things may be changing with respect to using this coolant.
Hopefully more instances will get them to do something. It's been almost a year now with the refill coolant light coming on in my 2020.It started happening right after the 37k flush. 55k now. They've flushed it a second time trying to fix it. Kia just gives the brushoff "no fix at this time". We were given a form to report our complaint and suggest a possible buyback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts