Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Cross-shopping the Niro with the Ford Escape

5K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  XJCasper 
I was looking at a Ford escape today in my supermarket parking lot parked next to my Niro phev. They are closer in size than I expected. The Ford was an ICE.
I ordered a Ford escape phev march 2022. Sel with moon roof and tow package it was 41000, with dealer fees and tag and tax it was 47000. But with 2000 discount from Ford and 6800 tax credit from the feds ( the battery does not qualify for full tax credit) I could afford it.
In October of 2022 when I found out my order was rolling over to a 2023 with unknown tax credit and price increases, I canceled my order and by early November I was driving my 22 kia phev with 6800 miles for 10000 less than the Ford. So I came out about even and love my kia.
One plus for kia is dependability. Ford has many recalls while the newer kias have few to none and they are much more dependable with a better warranty.
The blue oval forum has Ford engineers and dealer managers who will answer your questions. A couple of things I learned there:
Ford plans to build 15000 2023 phevs and already has 30000 orders.
If you order find a dealer who actually sells electric and plugin models and will go to bat to get you a car. This was my biggest mistake.
More on the blue oval forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.