Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a checklist for the dealership to fill out when preparing a new car? On a Honda Clarity site they found one and found that some(many) dealerships were not properly preparing the cars. One bigge was that the Honda factory stated batteries left uncharged for 60 to 90 days could be seriously degraded. Many cars were being turned over to customers still uncharged regardless of time on the lot. There were several other items on their checklists not being done. Thought it would be interesting to see a Kia Niro checklist. A couple Honda customers said they received a signed copy. When I bought my Kia Niro I did not. Did anyone here or does Kia do this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
For my PHEV, I found a checklist at the back of the separate "Features & Functions Guide". But I didn't see it until after I got the car home. And my knucklehead dealer certainly didn't sign it.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I imagine most dealers don't even bother with doing this, all they care is the sale of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Honda Clarity is having multiple new model type issues which Honda is addressing but either the Niro is having much much less or its not being reported here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a few off the top of my head. Car not taking a charge or kicking out during charge. False multiple system warnings sometimes shutting car down. Crazy range readouts. And the noise reduction plugs not installed. And cars not charged at dealership. Service bulletins and recalls are resolving most problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts