Kia Niro Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Not sure if the OP is still monitoring the thread and/or has already bought the desired Niro, but considering he is in AZ, he might consider Santa Fe Kia in NM. Best new car buying experience in my long life. Truly laid back sales man and more surprisingly, a laid back sales manager. No ridiculous add ons like nitrogen air like they had at the Albuquerque dealer. MSRP - $1500 rebate - another $1000 haggling = $31,300 2019 PHEV EX. Nice November deal especially considering I get another $5k back on the tax credit in about 4 months.
Hi ! Thanks for responding. I decided to keep my 2015 RAV4. I do keep my eyes on other cars, such as the Hyundai Venue which should be arriving soon at dealers. It interests me because it most closely resembles the 2004 xB I had for 11 years.

Another one I like, but it is is doubtful will ever come to the US is the Toyota Raize. I really like it's xB like qualities too.

I never had any real want for a hybrid....I just loved the space and packaging of the Niro.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I saw this thread come up and thought I would add my experience.

I would encourage anyone buying a new vehicle to try a reputable new car buying service. There are many available. We used Edmond's new car buying service.

The service tells you what the Dealer price is for the car and what is a fair price to pay for it- then you list the exact vehicle you want with your contact information- Then Dealers contact you with bids for your business.

You are in charge and you will control all discussions and interactions -not the Dealer.

A Dealer participating in the Edmond's process must honor their internet submitted price or they are barred from the service.

If you decide to accept a Dealers bid simply print out the bid pay the agreed price and drive your car away.
Just curious, do they send you a copy of the entire bill with total cost breakdown before you agree to buy it?

Also, are you choosing vehicles that the dealer has already installed options on?

·
Registered
176 Posts
In our case we asked for an out the door all inclusive price including all taxes and registration fees. The Dealers we worked with submitted this price - no opportunity for additional expenses. We submitted the exact vehicle we wanted with what we wanted- some Dealer bids didn't have all we wanted and some had more and some were exactly what we specified.The dealers that didn't meet our criteria were eliminated by us.

The car we bought has everything we specified but was Silky Silver rather that White. We mentioned this and the Dealer came back with an even lower price and we ended up buying from him.

Some car services that are more advanced will handle everything for you even interacting with the Dealer and deliver the car to you- these type of services cost you money.

For us Edmond's service was free I wonder if Car Dealer don't pay a fee to Edmonds to get a chance to bid on customers business.

The RAV4 if a nice vehicle- did you know Toyota is making a Plug In version for 2020.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
In our case we asked for an out the door all inclusive price including all taxes and registration fees. The Dealers we worked with submitted this price - no opportunity for additional expenses. We submitted the exact vehicle we wanted with what we wanted- some Dealer bids didn't have all we wanted and some had more and some were exactly what we specified.The dealers that didn't meet our criteria were eliminated by us.

The car we bought has everything we specified but was Silky Silver rather that White. We mentioned this and the Dealer came back with an even lower price and we ended up buying from him.

Some car services that are more advanced will handle everything for you even interacting with the Dealer and deliver the car to you- these type of services cost you money.

For us Edmond's service was free I wonder if Car Dealer don't pay a fee to Edmonds to get a chance to bid on customers business.

The RAV4 if a nice vehicle- did you know Toyota is making a Plug In version for 2020.
Thanks for your very helpful reply.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts