Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m perplexed as to why the charging handle unlocks at the end of a scheduled charging cycle. The manual states the handle unlock if the Niro PHEV is in Auto mode. I switched it to HEV, but still experienced the charging handle being unlocked when I visited the car in the morning, all the doors remain locked.

The whole point of the lock is to prevent theft. So if it automatically unlocks, in the middle of the night, after charging is complete, then this defeats the purpose of theft deterrent. Perhaps I am missing something or have not selected the correct mode for Scheduled Charging.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My 2019 PHEV has a button across from my left knee that manages the lock on the charging cable. I don't think the schedule has anything to do with the lock so look for this button and try pressing it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,264 Posts
Yes, you have to set the dash switch in the correct position. One position is locked while charging but then unlocked to allow someone else to use the EVSE. The other position stays locked after charging is complete, so no one can walk off with your personal EVSE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2019 PHEV has a button across from my left knee that manages the lock on the charging cable. I don't think the schedule has anything to do with the lock so look for this button and try pressing it.
Thank you. I have used the Schedule Charging clock icon button to interrupt the schedule so I can charge immediately. I’ll try pushing it before I lock the car with the schedule charge to see if that works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you have to set the dash switch in the correct position. One position is locked while charging but then unlocked to allow someone else to use the EVSE. The other position stays locked after charging is complete, so no one can walk off with your personal EVSE.
Thank you. I’ll investigate that further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts