Kia Niro Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Probably not worth it to get winter tires for a weekend trip. But look in the manual to see what cable/chain options work with your car and have them handy in case you need them.

·
Registered
2018 Niro EX Touring Graphite Edition
78 Posts
In case you're concerned about the sunroof, HeatShield makes a great custom sunshade for the sunroof.

Heatshield makes a great product. They're on the expensive side but very well made. They make them for airplanes that sit mercilessly baking on shadeless parking ramps.
I've had one three years on my '18 HEV, use it all summer long. The plastic is not flaking apart or sagging like the cheaper ones. I couldn't imagine living in Vegas or Phoenix without one. The only issue I have with them is the tightness of the fit. They shrink a little bit and don't quite fit as snuggly as when new.
Our 2002 Camry had a Heatshield shade. We sold the Camry when we bought our '21 EV PREMIUM. The Camry shade is 'pre-shrunk' and fits tailor made on the '21 EV, so snug that it can't curl away at the outer edges. If I were to order a new one again that's what I'd order.
Ventilated seats on the '21 EV only come in the PREMIUM. Heated steering only comes with the cold weather package.
I don't know from where the ventilated seats draw but with the heat on, A/C off, it's throwing what feels like refrigerated air. Got to look into this further while I'm charging next time.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts