Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A must have on our new Niro was for my wife a digital speedometer. I bought the EX which has that feature. Today, I pushed a wrong button and it has disappeared. I'm really in the dog house. Who can tell me in the simplest of terms, which buttons to push to get it back?:|

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it's the up/down button to the left of the cruise set/resume. You should be able to scroll through mpg, trip 1, trip 2, economy style, digital speed, and power transfer visual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Irpavio, you have a new best friend for life. (Not that anyone would like a dumb ass like me for a friend.) I followed your instructions and it happened just as you wrote! I ran to the bedroom and announced to my wife, who was sleeping, that I had her digital speedometer back on the screen and she jumped right out of bed and said I am now allowed back into the bed with her. Of course, I had prepared a blanket and pillow in the back of the Niro but there's no heat in my garage!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Irpavio, you have a new best friend for life. (Not that anyone would like a dumb ass like me for a friend.) I followed your instructions and it happened just as you wrote! I ran to the bedroom and announced to my wife, who was sleeping, that I had her digital speedometer back on the screen and she jumped right out of bed and said I am now allowed back into the bed with her. Of course, I had prepared a blanket and pillow in the back of the Niro but there's no heat in my garage!
What does your wife like about digital speedometer? Isn't it absolutely the same as a classic one, but on a digital screen? lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used to use the Digital Screen all the time also, because of the stupid prius I had. Now I keep it on the trip meter, so I can play the tank mile game and see how far I can get on one tank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Her Mercedes SLK had the digital speedometer and she was used to looking at numbers rather than a dial with numbers and a pointer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If order to get that selection the option needs to be on the furthest left of the 4 icons that are in the middle of the dash. I think it's the hybrid icon [the next to it is a music icon].

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if I can change the middle display behind the steering wheel, so that it also displays my current speed?

The speedometer to the right is often obscured by my right hand when driving, so I have found I need to move my hand or head to one side to see what speed I'm going at.

Such a silly design. Any ideas on what I can do? Can the speed be displayed on the other screen, or in the middle of the screen behind the steering wheel?

Any advice appreciated.

PenPal

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,220 Posts
Does anyone know if I can change the middle display behind the steering wheel, so that it also displays my current speed?

The speedometer to the right is often obscured by my right hand when driving, so I have found I need to move my hand or head to one side to see what speed I'm going at.

Such a silly design. Any ideas on what I can do? Can the speed be displayed on the other screen, or in the middle of the screen behind the steering wheel?

Any advice appreciated.

PenPal
What year and model do you have? It might differ on a different model or by country, but I can choose speed as an option on my center display.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can change the center display using the instrument cluster controls. Page 4-58 in the Canadian manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I printed those directions and they worked some years ago. Since then, I turn 86 years old and have become even stupider than I used to be. Fortunately, the blanket is still in the back seat but it has become covered in dog hair. I can't find the right buttons to push. Guess it is a trip to the dealership where they deal with my stupidity all the time.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,220 Posts
So, I printed those directions and they worked some years ago. Since then, I turn 86 years old and have become even stupider than I used to be. Fortunately, the blanket is still in the back seat but it has become covered in dog hair. I can't find the right buttons to push. Guess it is a trip to the dealership where they deal with my stupidity all the time.
On the right side of the steering wheel, press the upper left button. Cycle through the selections until the trip numbers show. That would be the time and distance traveled, along with the MPG average. Once you have that screen, again on the right side of the steering wheel, use the left toggle switch and press it down once. I think that puts the digital speedo on the display. If it's not there, keep pressing the left toggle switch down until you reach it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's baaaaaaak! I get to sleep in the bed tonight! Thanks for all the help. Now, can someone tell me where my clutch and that lever that used to be on the column to shift the gears has gone?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Heaven is where column mounted shifters went. But they were fun, at least the ones with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Heaven is where column mounted shifters went. But they were fun, at least the ones with a manual transmission.
LOL I hope they're in ****. It would make me crazy when the fingers got worn out on my 1963 Valiant and I would have to stop, open the hood to untangle the fingers where they come out of the firewall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts