Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am driving at night I sometimes find that big screen distracting if I am not using it for maps. I found that you can turn it off by selecting settings -> display off. This is not that easy when driving. Does anyone know of a way to make the screen default to off? Or is there a quicker way to turn it off that involves less time looking at the screen when I should be looking at the road?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is there an a way to have the screen preset to dim at night and brighter during the day or do you have to manually adjust the brightness every time it gets dark?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
There are presets. It should be defaulted to some day and night setting from the factory (auto recognizes dusk/dawn) but you can change those settings per your preference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe the Ioniq has a display button right under the screen itself that turns it on/off with one press.
Funny how some features don't make it across the two companies.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have found one thing that helps balance the light coming from the display is leave the map screen in night mode full time! There is a setting for it, once set, black background instead of bright white!!!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I just discovered that you can press the off button for five seconds and the screen will turn off. So did the music the one time I tried it. Possibly heat settings as well. But at least the screen is completely off if that outweighs the downsides.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you're referring to the 7" computer display, my LX has a button in Setup, on the top right that turns the display off.
I can also setup a clock as a "Screensaver."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts