Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV EX Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if our 2019 Niro EV EX Premium has a heat pump. Is there a simple way to determine if our car has one?

We are the second owners and the Monroney sticker did not come with the car when we purchased it. The car was originally sold as new by a dealer in California, USA.

I have done a VIN decode using the NHTSA decoder at the NHTSA web site but did not find any info indicating if the car has a heat pump or not.

The car is currently in Costa Rica and Kia dealers here do not provide support for the Niro EV so going to the local dealer for assistance is not a viable option.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,296 Posts
Being a California car, it's likely it did not come with the heat pump. In the more northern states, the dealers all seemed to equip theirs with the HP. Every one I've ever seen on a dealer lot here in the Seattle area always had a HP. Even down in Portland they all seemed to. But I could see any cars from So Cal really not needing one.

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,296 Posts
I agree with reply#5. Also check if the steering wheel heated. Heat pump came with a package including heated steering wheel.
He's not in the US, so it's not certain the same package contents apply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts