Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Does the battery go flat if driving only in electric mode?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  yticolev 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am nw here and I will add, I am a woman who does not understand cars well :) So please be kind to me :) So I have a question. Here in Europe (Belgium) niro plug in is arriving only in 6 month (if ordered now), so I could not get much reviews. I have a specific question, maybe you, who are driving your niro plug ins can tell me - I have heard both from prius plug in and mitsubishi outlander plug in owners that if one drives back and forth to work, a short trip, charges the electric battery at work, so it's almost always full, it kind of makes the hybrid battery idle. I understand, that in order to start the car, it uses the hybrid battery, right? The problem in both prius and outlander was that after a while driving only in electric mode, the car does not start because the hybrid batery is flat... Has ir happened to you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.