Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dawn,

There are variations of dog safety systems that use the roof handles to solidify its strength and positioning - I personally own this one because my dog likes to wander from side-to-side and prop himself up on the arms of the doors to peek out the window: KURGO Auto Zip Line with Leash.

One other option I found while searching for an answer to your post was a harness that's made to allow you to run the seatbelt through the harness and still have it buckle without any attachments: IMPACT DOG CAR HARNESS. That same company has a cheaper option that uses a rock climbing like harness add-on to attach your dog and the harness to the seat belt: ENHANCED STRENGTH TRU-FIT DOG CAR HARNESS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used a set in my Ford Energi that work fine in the 2018 PHEV - just don't use the mini rear center that's for the 3-point harness, use the other regualr seat belt clips. I actually have an extra new set of 2 (thought I left them in the Ford when I traded them in), bought them but then found my originals so they're sitting here. You can get them on Amazon, $6 the pair
OMORC Dog seat belt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have two dog harnesses and two extenders like used in airplanes. No trouble with any of the four in my Niro. I've had a little trouble in my Jeep GC, but I have just flipped the connector over and it works. Sorry, but I don't know any brands. They are just generic PetCo or PetsMart items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.