Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figure out a way to turn the seatbelt beep off when their dog is in the front seat? I know I can buckle the belt behind him but that's a pain.

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
I would strongly suggest that you don't have your dog in the front seat. There is no way to turn off the airbags for the front. The seat sensor picks up there is something there and will deploy the airbags in the case of an accident. The speed of the airbags will not do a thing to protect your dog, but will likely kill it. (airbags deploy at close to the speed of a bullet) and if your dog is not held back by the seatbelt, the airbags will likely turn the insides to pulp. Sorry to be graphic but it is animal endangerment to have your pet in the front seat with you and have working airbags.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have to agree with the above. My dog used to love to be in the front seat also, but when we got our Sedona I found that when he's in the back I flip up the center table/arm rest and that keeps him in the back with the Niro I raise the center arm rest and that keeps him in the back.

·
Super Moderator
520 Posts
Our pets are family, and I just don't want anyone to loose a best friend because they just didn't realize the facts. There are quite a few products out there to help out with our 4 leddged friends.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i always carried my dog in the back seat. i’d put her in a doggy bed, she was small only about 12 pounds, and wrap her leash from a chest harness around the headrest. now that i think about it maybe a leash to both headrests would have protected her from the doors in a side collision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts