Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wasted so much time troubleshooting a noise coming from front passenger door. spent multiple weeks ripping out the seat, corner dash, door panels, headliner trim, and inserts. In the process I have learned a lot about the door assembly :). Problem found; it was the coins inside the organizer i had placed inside armrest. I found the source when I road as a passenger when the noise transferred to driver side front door. amazing how the noise can travel. word of advice, if you hear noise/rattling, remove everything that didn't come with the car when you purchased new :) I was blaming the build quality but my ear was playing tricks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your quite correct. When my Niro was 6 months old I had a buzzing noise I thought was coming from behind the dash. I thought I removed everything but when I picked up the car from the dealer they said it was the garage door opener I had clipped to the sun visor. They told me to drive home with it my pocket and sure enough, that was the cause of the noise. Glad they were nice enough not to charge me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your quite correct. When my Niro was 6 months old I had a buzzing noise I thought was coming from behind the dash. I thought I removed everything but when I picked up the car from the dealer they said it was the garage door opener I had clipped to the sun visor. They told me to drive home with it my pocket and sure enough, that was the cause of the noise. Glad they were nice enough not to charge me.
nobody could have guessed the garage door opening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have wasted so much time troubleshooting a noise coming from front passenger door. spent multiple weeks ripping out the seat, corner dash, door panels, headliner trim, and inserts. In the process I have learned a lot about the door assembly :). Problem found; it was the coins inside the organizer i had placed inside armrest. I found the source when I road as a passenger when the noise transferred to driver side front door. amazing how the noise can travel. word of advice, if you hear noise/rattling, remove everything that didn't come with the car when you purchased new :) I was blaming the build quality but my ear was playing tricks.
2018 PHEV. Have had a clunky rattle (low speed choppy rough road) since I purchased the car in may. Took it in for service and dealer people were very pleasant and efficient doing service but could not find source of rattle. Said it was probably some object I had in the rear. At home I removed everything I had in the car. Also removed rear deck over the battery and plastic battery cover. Had someone in rear seat said sound coming from area of RR wheel. Still a rattle, no change. Service had it on the lift. I've been under the car. Can't find anything loose. Drivin me bats.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Look on the side by your rear tire. See the shock? Tap the upper part and see if that is your rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts