Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Niro EX Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I found the following ecm homelink mirror that includes MTS so it retains your original UVO buttons. Part number is 85101-J6500.
This was originally spec’d for the 2020 Niro. Wondering if anyone knows if the differences between 2020 and 2021 are that great. In short this is the solution I want to go with on my 2022 which is almost exactly the same as the 2021 and potentially the same as the 2020.

My manual lists such a mirror as one that could have been installed, however dealers have no part numbers for such a mirror on the 2021 models. 2022 models don’t even have a parts catalog available yet.

I know there are cheaper solutions, but I love the integrated approach.

Wondering if anyone knows whether the wiring on the 2020 as far as the mirror connection is potentially the same as 2021? I don’t have access to any of the schematics for these cars. And my local dealer won’t accept returns if it is not compatible.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
61 Posts
Following. Does this auto dim as well? I have a 2020 that has only the Kia buttons on it and no dimming

·
Registered
2022 Niro EX Premium
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following. Does this auto dim as well? I have a 2020 that has only the Kia buttons on it and no dimming
Yes it does. Auto dims, has original UVO buttons and Homelink. It is expensive, but I may bite the bullet and pick it up and document the install. Connectors tend to be standardized year over year so I am hoping it is mostly plug and play.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Niro HEV Touring Special Edition
61 Posts
I’d be curious if it’s plug and play. I know others have added a standard home link but had to do some wiring. Would be worth the extra cost if I didn’t have to do any splicing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it does. Auto dims, has original UVO buttons and Homelink. It is expensive, but I may bite the bullet and pick it up and document the install. Connectors tend to be standardized year over year so I am hoping it is mostly plug and play.
I have 2019- tried to order the part, but because it's not a like-for-like replacement, they warned me off (their website said it was compatible). Kind of hoping "someone" on the forum attempts the install. Lack of homelink has been the one thing about the Niro that has me very disappointed.

·
Registered
2021 Niro EX Premium Hybrid
3 Posts
Interesting, we have a 2021 EX Premium and the manual mirror is the only thing we don't like!
I'd be curious to find a stock replacement as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts