Kia Niro Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad to find this thread. Yesterday I looked at the service schedule and saw the line for Engine Clutch Actuator Fluid and wondered what it was since no car I have owned that I know of ever had this.
I don't have to worry about it for over a year since it's only got 400 miles on it, but I might just try the turkey baster method since it sounds like a lot of dealers don't know much about it.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I just did this a couple weeks ago at 53,000 miles. Took out 125 cc (short baster) and put in a clear jar. After a couple days it looked like it had a faint black particle swirl imbedded in a two color fluid. A few hundred miles later I did it again - in the baster it looked pretty clear so maybe I should have waited longer. Now there is a white clay looking sediment that has attached itself in a one mm later to the bottom of the jar. Happy I did it - that cannot be good left in a hydraulic system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just did this a couple weeks ago at 53,000 miles. Took out 125 cc (short baster) and put in a clear jar. After a couple days it looked like it had a faint black particle swirl imbedded in a two color fluid. A few hundred miles later I did it again - in the baster it looked pretty clear so maybe I should have waited longer. Now there is a white clay looking sediment that has attached itself in a one mm later to the bottom of the jar. Happy I did it - that cannot be good left in a hydraulic system.
When you use the turkey baster, are you sucking all of the fluid out of the reservoir, or leaving a little bit?

141 - 144 of 144 Posts