Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was driving into work doing about 60 mph on the highway and suddenly the engine seemed to disengage and had no power. When I stepped on the gas pedal the meter went up but no revving of the engine and the car continued to slow down. I was able to get off to the side of the road. Placed the car in park and pushed the gas pedal with no engine response. Shut the car off for 3-5 minutes and turned it back on. Engine engaged. As I was driving I felt a couple of moments when it seemed like it was going to happen again. Placing a call to the dealership this morning. It was just in for 20+k maintenance and replacing of a electrical harness that a squirrel ate thru.

·
Registered
402 Posts
This morning I was driving into work doing about 60 mph on the highway and suddenly the engine seemed to disengage and had no power. When I stepped on the gas pedal the meter went up but no revving of the engine and the car continued to slow down. I was able to get off to the side of the road. Placed the car in park and pushed the gas pedal with no engine response. Shut the car off for 3-5 minutes and turned it back on. Engine engaged. As I was driving I felt a couple of moments when it seemed like it was going to happen again. Placing a call to the dealership this morning. It was just in for 20+k maintenance and replacing of a electrical harness that a squirrel ate thru.
what model, trim, dealer, purchase date?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts