Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I’m confused: did I just turn on or off my Niro EV? The two signal tunes are so similar as to be useless. There is a "vehicle on" screen to confIrm that my button-press did just that; but the "vehicle-off" screen simply shows that the car is in Park. No ”vehicle off" message.

Am I alone? Or am I cruising toward senility more quickly than I thought? But I so wish that KIA would simply replace those silly musical tunes (by the composer as my LG clothes washing machine jingles?) with words of Apple-like clarity: ”Your car is now on" and “Your car is now off. A language in Settings panel, would let the user select, or simply match the text display language.

Could this be achieved with a software update?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,661 Posts
There's currently no way for a user to change either melody. Could it be changed with a software update? Only Kia would know if it's hard coded into the system or something that can be refreshed.

I've exited the car a couple of times without turning it off, but the car alerts you with a long beep if the door is closed while it's on and the key fob isn't detected within the car. Kind of hard to miss that. But yeah, that means re-entering the car and actually turning it off.

·
Registered
2018 Niro Touring Pearl White
17 Posts
A woman at my office has a Niro and I noticed that her headlights were on for a long time with the car empty. She went and checked and found that she had left it running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts